Black Diamond® Spot 400 Headlamp
You COULD take this Spot 400 headlamp on a weekend backpacking trip or to ascend a mountain, but you’re most-likely shopping Everything Summer Camp to find the gear your child will need for summer camp. The name Black Diamond is one that is well known by lovers of the outdoors. Whether you plan to scale mountains or just need a hands-free light to use at camp, the Black Diamond Spot 400 headlamp has every feature you need and more!
Not only will this headlamp enhance your child’s experience at camp, but will also be useful on future camping trips, adventures, during power outages or emergencies, or just around the house. Anytime a light is needed—especially if you don’t want to carry a flashlight—a Black Diamond headlamp like the Spot 400 will come in handy!
Equipped with the PowerTap technology for an instant power adjustment and brightness memory, this is not your ordinary headlamp! Turn the light on with 400 lumens of brightness as the maximum output coming from this hands-free, compact, technical headlamp. The Black Diamond Spot 400 Headlamp provides you with a flood beam along with a spot beam.
Pick between full strength, dimming, and strobe modes to meet all the right levels you need for visibility in the dark. A 200 hour burn time, your choice of wide and dim or narrow and bright beam, and the red light feature for preserving night vision are just a few of the features that make this Headlamp great for camp. It also provides a battery life indicator and a locking function that keeps the headlamp from accidentally switching on and potentially draining the battery.
The Black Diamond Story
Building perfect, hands-free lighting for your summer camp experiences, Black Diamond provides you with the solid construction that can shine through the darkness with their innovative lighting sources. Burly enough for anything whether it’s as simple as an evening hike or as extreme as your pursuit up a mountain, Black Diamond products are ready for action. Stress-tested by the very folks who design and develop the products, this is a company made of climbers, skiers, and all-around outdoor enthusiasts. Their own adventures have been the driving force behind these built-to-last headlamps. These guys know what’s important to outdoor lovers because they ARE outdoor lovers.
The Spot 400 has super tough IPX8 waterproofing and can easily withstand precipitation or spills. These features allow this product to function well in basically any environment.
Lastly, Black Diamond gives the Spot 400 Lumen Headlamp a locking function so you don’t accidentally use up the battery during transit or packing away in storage. Proof that small things can be powerful too, pick up your Spot 400 Headlamp from Black Diamond for your expeditions!
Enjoy great camp activities even after the sun goes down (or before it comes up). Maybe your camper will be waking up before dawn to head out on a fishing trip. Or maybe they’re going for an evening stroll through the woods. Black Diamond products can light the way and make all of your camper’s adventures shine!
- Material: Watertight IPX8 (Weather-Resistant) Plastic
- 400 Lumen Headlamp
- Output: High, 400 Lumens; Medium, 200 Lumens; Low, 6 Lumens
- Beam Type: Flood and Spot
- Beam Distance: High, 100 Meters (328’); Medium: 60 (197’); Low, 12 Meters (39’)
- 3 Settings: Full Strength, Dimming, and Strobe
- PowerTap™ Technology for Instant Power Adjustment
- Single Switch for Quick and Easy Selection of Brightness or Light Color
- Brightness Memory Keeps your Brightness Setting when you Switch Lamp Back on
- Red Night Vision with Dimming and Strobe Modes
- Multifaceted Optical Efficiency Lens Technology
- Digital Lock to Avoid Accidental Battery Use in Transit or Storage
- Weight: 2.7oz
- Integrated Battery Meter Display Percentage of Remaining Power
- Runtime: 2.5 hrs on High, 5 hrs on Medium, 200 hrs on Low
- Batteries: 3 AAA (Not Included)
- Charging Alternative: Black Diamond’s Rechargeable BD 1500 Li-ion Battery (Not Available Here)