Smartwool Women's Hike Light Cushion Ankle Socks
The Smartwool Story
Smartwool is a little ski-town brand founded by Peter and Patty Duke—ski instructors who moved in 1994 from the East Coast to Steamboat, Colorado. “That first year in Steamboat was the coldest my feet have ever been,” Peter was quoted in an Outdoor Retailer article from 2017. “I literally poured water out of my boots at the end of the day! A friend and I made some merino socks, and after that my feet were the warmest they’ve ever been, and they were absolutely dry. That’s when the lightbulb went off.”
These socks are made of biodegradable materials so that, when they DO eventually wear out, it only takes a few years before they totally decompose. The outdoors means everything to Smartwool since, like us, their whole existence is to help folks spend time outside.
Happy sheep make for happy customers, which is why Smartwool works to ensure that the Merino sheep whose wool they shear live happy, peaceful lives in their natural habitat. Coming off the sheep greasy, the wool is cleaned, combed, and spun into yarn which is then made into amazing Smartwool products, available right here for the comfort of campers’ rambling feet! High-performing and uncompromisingly comfortable, Smartwool socks are an excellent choice for the active camper!
Go far. Feel good.
- Material: 56% Merino Wool, 11% Nylon, 31% Recycled Nylon, and 2% Elastane
- Women's Specific Fit Light Cushion Ankle Sock
- Height: 3.25 Inches
- Indestructawool™ Technology with Extended Durability Zones
- 4 Degree™ Elite Fit System for a Dialed-in, Performance-Oriented Fit
- Additional Body-Mapped Mesh Zones for Added Breathability
- Virtually Seamless™ Toe for Enhanced Comfort
- Comfort Welt with 'Stay Put' Fit
- Provide UPF Protection
- Naturally Fire-Retardant
- Made in the USA of Imported Yarn
- Care Instructions: Turn inside out and machine wash warm/gentle; Do not bleach; Tumble dry low/line dry; Do not iron or dry clean
Wool in the Summer?
Get Smart About Your Socks!