Osprey Volt 60 Boys Backpack
Never feel insufficiently prepared when you hit the woodsy, winding trails this summer with the Osprey Volt 60 Backpack! Made from bombproof fabrics, this amazing backpack will withstand the tribulations of outdoor adventures. And designed for easy, practical use, this Backpack packs a plethora of details. We’ll start from the top—the floating upper pocket attaches with web extension points for easily lifting the lid to pack more gear for oversized loads. And use the lid pocket itself for maps, headlamps, binoculars—whatever you might need to have along on your journeys! The underlid, zippered mesh pocket is great for keeping other small items separated from the rest of the Pack to make organization easy. You get quick access for items you need in an instant with the large stretch mesh pocket on the front. Your load stays steady and stable on your back with the assistance of the dual side straps for compression as well as the LightWire peripheral frame that keeps the weight balanced. Osprey’s Fit-on-the-Fly Hipbelt offers easy adjustment of up to three inches to give yourself a custom fit. This adjustment can even be made while wearing the pack—just pull out the pad and secure it in place with the hook and loop closure. The belt is also given spacious, zippered pockets that sit conveniently on both sides around your waist. Boasting one-size-fits-all convenience, the torso length has five inches of adjustment to make this Backpack capable of quickly shifting to fit lots of different torso sizes. The mesh back panel creates perfect ventilation and comfort when you’re being active in the summer sun. For quick pack jobs, the sleeping bag compartment separates from the main compartment and you can remove the external sleeping pad straps when you’re just going on a light day trip. Make the Volt 60 your summer camp Backpack this summer and for many summers to come!
Osprey cares as much about the environment as they do their customers. That’s why they use the highest-quality materials with the lowest environmental impact such as recycled materials that have been approved by bluesign®. They’re also careful with the chemicals they use from water repellents to dyes, ensuring the the safest chemistry for the environment and customers alike.
- Material: 210D Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop
- Bottom: 600D Packcloth
- 60 L Boy's Backpack
- Fitting Range: 17 - 22" (further sizing info under the 'Size Chart' tab above)
- Weight: 3.92 lbs
- Dimensions: 33”H x 14”W x 12”D
- LightWire Interior Frame
- Airscape Backpanel Means no Back Sweat
- Bonus Rain Cover Saves you from Spending Extra Money
- Floating Top Pocket with Underlid Zippered Mesh Pocket
- Adjustable Spacer Mesh Hipbelt
- Internal Reservoir Sleeve for Hydration
- Daisy Chain Tie-off Points
- 5” Torso Adjustment
- Top Load Access to Main Compartment
- Removable Floating Top Lid
- Sleeping Bag Compartment
- Sleeping Pad Straps
- Adjustable Sternum Strap with Rescue Whistle
- Adjustable Spacer Mesh Harness
- Zippered Under Lid Pocket
- Zippered Top Lid Pocket
- Zippered Hip Belt Pockets
- Dual Stretch Mesh Side Pockets
- Large Stretch Mesh Front Pocket
- Upper Side-Release Buckle Compression Straps for Load Adjustment
- Load Stabilizing Internal Compression Strap
- Stabilizing Lower Side Compression Straps
- Dual Tool Attachment Loops
- Trekking Pole Attachment to keep Poles in Place
Our Backpack from offer adjustability to fit a range of people with different heights and proportions; this way, your Osprey Backpack can still fit through a growth spurt or two. So how do you know what's right for your height and proportion? First, you'll want to know your torso length. To determine your measurement, see the diagram below.
This measurement starts at the iliac crest, which is the top of your hipbone on the side of your body that acts like a shelf. From this point, measure to the C7 vertebra, the knobby bone at the base of your neck when you put your head down.
The Volt 60 is designed to fit a range of measurements. If your measurement comes in at somewhere between 17 - 22" / 43 - 56 cm, then this Pack can be adjusted to comfortably fit you.
To determine hipbelt size, measure around the hips, at the iliac crest, not the waist. The padded portion should wrap well around the hips, leaving a gap of 3" to 6" between the tips of both hip pads when securely tightened.